Are you a business or nonprofit that wants to encourage voting? Add your name to a list of organizations that are making their workplace voting-friendly for employees and customers. Here are some ideas of what you can do!
You can boost employee voting by….
- Distributing information about how, where and when to vote, along with tools to register and request a ballot online.
- Hosting a voter registration event or voting celebration.
- Adopting flexible schedules with no meetings on Election Day.
- Providing paid hours to vote, whether on Election Day or before it for early voting.
- Allowing employees use of printers for absentee ballot applications, as well as paying postage.
- Sending e-mails to remind employees to vote.
- Encouraging employees to offer child care, elder care or rides to the polls for others in their communities to vote on Election Day.
- Giving paid time off for employees to train as poll workers.
- Reducing store hours on Election Day to ensure that employees can vote in person.
- Closing entirely on Election Day.
You can boost customer and client voting by…
- Offering discounts during early voting and on Election Day to people who have voted, such as 5% off or a free doughnut when you show your “I Voted” sticker.
- Sharing information about local voting locations and hours, early voting and absentee voting.
- Hosting a voter registration event or election day celebration.
- Donating PPE, hand sanitizer and other supplies to local polling places.
We have designed some posters that you can display prominently in your office or retail space to encourage voting by employees and/or customers.
Ithaca organizations: Download and print or fill out this form if you want some copies!
NY State: Download and print out our beautiful posters.